Practice, practice, practice and entering hundreds (maybe even thousands) of giveaways has taught me how best to enter giveaways quickly and efficiently while at the same time genuinely looking at the products, websites, etc.
Each person has a system that works for them. Personally, I use Texter
to keep most organized. Read more about the program here. (This article coming soon)
So here are some things I learned:
- Be organized! Have one page or tab open where you can see a list of giveaways (either your RSS reader, my website, etc.). When you want to enter a giveaway, open it in a new tab or window. That way you won’t have to press “Back” in order to enter more giveaways.
- Most likely, you’ll have to post at least your name and e-mail address in your entry. So prepare that signature before you start entering giveaways. It’s a shame to write it again each time when you can easily copy and paste! Mine looks like this:
- Whether you use Texter or notepad or some other form of autofiller, you can already set-up the typical entry comments for easy copy/pasting like so:
I am a blog follower through Google Friend Connect!
youremail[at]gmail.comor..I follow you on Twitter!
- READ the entry directions BEFORE you start posting. You might miss the mandatory entry and then all your entries go straight to the trash. Can you get extra points for tweeting? Following? Do any available additional options BEFORE you start posting any entries. Believe me, it will be a lot quicker to post comment after comment then to tweet, then comment, then follow, then comment, etc.
- Do you get more than one entry for doing something in particular? (Like blogging about the giveaway usually gives you more than one entry) Don’t waste your time re-writing the whole comment over and over again… just copy/paste! I do suggest that you number the comments like so – Entry 1, Entry 2, etc. That way you can keep track of how many comments you posted for that particular action.
More suggestions? Please feel free to comment on this post in order to add them!